Upgrading ArcGIS Python
Python 2.6 and ArcGIS 9.3
- Install python 2.6, and the latest corresponding pywin32.
- Grab the arcgisscripting.py script written by Philippe Le Grand (taken from this thread in the ESRI scripting forum) and plop it into
- Make sure
PYTHONPATHenvironment variable points to
- Note: this is an unsupported configuration, see ESRI:31912
The same recipe works for python 2.5 and arcgis 9.2, just change the numbers accordingly.
How To use a version of python newer than 2.1 with ArcGIS 9.1
- Uninstall v2.1, including win32all extensions
- Install the python version you want
- Install the matching win32all extensions
- Create a text file called
py-win32all.regcontaining the text below (change
204to match the win32all build number) and double click on it.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Python\Pythonwin] [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Python\Pythonwin\Build] @="204"
Adapted from: ESRI:26872