The federal government has plans for all surveyed parcels online as images, but they aren’t georeferenced. Here is a short recipe and dataset for fixing that.
- Download plan as regular tiff from Canada Centre for Cadastral Management (CCM) –http://www.lsd.nrcan.gc.ca/english/srisdocs_e.asp?RG=YT&PLN=93521 where RG=YT is Region = Yukon, and PLN=93521 is Plan# 93521. For bulk download see scripts:
fetch-CLSplans 84574 85779 86458 etc...
- Load into ArcMap along with Surveyed_Parcels layer from Geomatics Yukon Corporate Spatial Warehouse (CSW), use Yukon Albers projection. Note: This same cadastre data also available from ftp://ftpyukoncccm.nrcan.gc.ca/.
- Use the Georeferencing toolbar, georeference the image (using Update Georeferencing rather than Rectify)
- Move result from noref to georef folder.
- Add to unmanaged raster catalog Survey_Plans in file geodatabase.
Feel free to extend the set of georeferenced images and share the results.
Temporary home for this project is http://sydney.freeearthfoundation.com/mattwilkie/Survey_Plans/